Donor Breast Milk Program
Breast milk gives babies the best nutrition possible and helps build infants’ immune systems to protect against disease and infection. In the donor breast milk program, women donate breast milk, which is then screened to make certain that it is healthy — a similar process to how blood banks screen donated blood. The nearest milk bank is Mother’s Milk Bank of San Jose, Calif., a member of The Human Milk Banking Association of North America.
NICUs at St. Rose Dominican
The Siena Campus is a Level III NICU, the highest designation level of care for babies born prematurely or needing extra attention and care.
St. Rose Dominican Hospital’s Siena Campus offers the following labor and delivery services:
- Birthing suites: They are designed to reflect family-centered philosophy and facilitate family bonding, from spending the night on pullout beds to deciding who’ll be present in labor and delivery.
- Your birth, your choice: Deliver your baby in the way that is most comfortable to you —in an unconventional position, walking or sitting and with or without intravenous lines.
- Vaginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC) program: It is possible for women who had C-section births to have a smooth, natural birth with the guidance and support of an expert labor and delivery team.
- Advanced neonatal intensive care units (NICUs): The Level III NICU, the highest designation level, at the Siena Campus provides specialized critical care.
- Attentive care: During the post-delivery stay, a nursing team provides personalized, dedicated care and support, from assistance with breastfeeding to advice on how to care for the mother and infant.
- Prenatal and postpartum education: Instructional classes about infant care, new mother care, breastfeeding and nutrition are available. Click here to register.
- Donor breast milk program: St. Rose Dominican is the only hospital in the area with a donor breast milk program. Breast milk gives babies the best nutrition possible and offers natural protection against infections.
Birth Center Features:
- Birth Center tours are free; schedule a tour now.
- Mother and baby suites: All of the suites are private, and many are all-inclusive rooms for labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRPs).
- Rooming in: Your baby stays with you 24/7 and receives care and support from nursing and lactation specialists.
- Family-friendly accommodations: Significant others may stay the night, and family members have visiting privileges during the day.
- Laborists are available 24/7: They have specialized training in labor and delivery and are members of the VBAC program.
- Advanced monitoring technologies: Bedside monitors allow staff to quickly and easily access critical information about infants.
- Critical care for infants: NICUs provide specialized care for premature or critically ill babies.
- Classes, education and support for new parents: Topics include prenatal and parenting support and breastfeeding instruction.
Not sure which ER?
The closest ER is always the smartest. However, if there are several nearby, choose one with a Level III trauma center and pediatric emergency doctors available 24/7. The Children’s ER at St. Rose Dominican hospitals’ Siena Campus, at 3001 St. Rose Parkway in Henderson, fully qualifies where not all do.
Dignity Health | Siena Campus
Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus is a hospital that offers many services, including cardiology, emergency department, and oncology. This Henderson hospital is one of the best in Nevada. As part of the Dignity Health network, Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus is dedicated to delivering high quality, compassionate care and access to Henderson and nearby communities.
We understand that you want to be able to visit your loved ones when it’s convenient for you. Therefore, our hospitals are open to visitors 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
3001 St. Rose Parkway
Henderson, Nevada 89052
+1 (702) 616-5000